ICANN & ISOC organised the first edition of the Middle East DNS Forum in Dubai UAE hosted by the Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA).
The forum is expected to be the building block for future annual forums. The end target of having such an annual forum is to spread the message around and introduce interested parties to the key players in the industry, thus leading to a stronger domain name industry in the region.
Invited by ICANN to speak at the panel “Getting ready for the new gTLDs”. The panel intended to provide an update on the new gTLD program;
- Shed some light on mechanisms for protecting trademarks and intellectual property rights;
- Share insights on the range of opportunities new gTLDs can offer for businesses and consumers;
- Discuss the potential impact of IDN gTLDs on the overall domain name industry in the Middle East;
- How do new gTLD applicants from the region envision success of their respective new gTLDs.
Speakers of the panel :
- Mohamed El Bashir, ISOC Qatar – Moderator
- Abdallah Albarrack, Suhub Electronic Establishment (.موقع)
- Akram Atallah, ICANN
- Khaled Koubaa, Google
- Yasmin Omer, dotShabaka Registry (.شبكة)
My presentation :